on-demand

Coronavirus: Anambra warns citizens against travelling to Wuhan, China

The Anambra State Government has banned its citizens from travelling to Wuhan, China following the outbreak of Coronavirus.

A statement by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr C-Don Adinuba, warned citizens of the state to shun the area, no matter the attraction and allure.

The statement read in part, “The Coronavirus pandemic may have started in Wuhan, China, but it is a clear and potent danger to the international community, including Anambra State.

“Therefore, the Anambra State government has decided to issue this warning to its people, fully aware of our reputation as easily the most travelled Nigerians, if not Africans.

“We advise all the people of the state not to travel to the city of Wuhan, China, for now, despite its allure as an industrial and transportation hub.

ALSO READ:  WASCE commences examination in 521 centres in Nasarawa

“Any Anambra entrepreneur or traveller who has been to Wuhan in central China in the past three weeks is hereby advised to make use of our remedial measures by reporting to the Ministry of Health, Awka.

“Our screening facilities are available free-of-charge for all who feel somewhat endangered by the new highly contagious disease.”

The government noted that the Coronavirus had been confirmed in 16 countries in Asia and North America.

Check Also

It’s North-Central’s turn to produce President – Niger Assembly

The Niger State House of Assembly, on Thursday, said the successor to the President, Major …

[Just In] COVID-19 Vaccine: We are expecting final confirmation from Covax – NPHCDA

The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), says it is expecting the final confirmation …

Debt servicing, greatest risk to Nigeria’s economy – Adesina

The African Development Bank has projected a growth rate of 1.5 per cent for Nigeria …

Leave a Comment