on-demand

Gucci cancels fashion cruise due to growing concerns over coronaviruses

A fashion house, Gucci has canceled its Cruise 2021 fashion show due to the epidemic of the Corona virus (covid-19). The Nigerian press agency (NAN) reports that the Italian fashion house has confirmed its decision to cancel the parade which was to take place on May 18, in a statement.

A Gucci spokesperson said the brand’s decision was the result of “lingering uncertainty over the Corona virus epidemic”, saying it was “a precautionary measure”. “A decision on the new schedule and venue will be announced at a later date once the situation is clearer. “Right now, our thoughts are with everyone affected in the world,” said the statement.

According to reports, the brand’s creative director, Alessandro Michele, initially chose an American city to host the show due to its reputation as a center of liberal activism and cultural melting pot. NAN reports that the show was the latest in a series of global fashion industry events that have been affected by the virus. In February, Prada announced that it had decided to postpone its Cruise 2021 show, which was due to take place on May 21 in Tokyo, due to fears of the Corona virus. With the cruise season fast approaching, it’s unclear whether more brands will be forced to follow. Giorgio Armani was to launch the event with his Cruise offer in Dubai on April 19.

ALSO READ:  BREAKING: Wike rushes to Nunieh’s house as policemen besiege home of ex-NDDC MD

However, there were fears that it could be postponed after the brand decided to cancel its fall / winter 2020 fashion show during Milan Fashion Week amid the threat of the Corona virus. in Italy. Instead, Armani chose to broadcast the runway live in an empty theater on the fashion house’s social networks. In a press release, the brand said that the decision had been made “to preserve the well-being of all its guests by not making them frequent overcrowded spaces”. To date, more than 98,000 people have been infected with the Corona virus and more than 3,000 deaths have been recorded. Meanwhile, Italy has become one of the most affected countries after an epidemic in the northern provinces of Lombardy and Veneto, which saw the death toll rise to 52 while confirmed cases rose to 1835. (NAN)

Check Also

Obuh backs Eaglets for WAFU final

Former Golden Eaglets coach, John Obuh, is confident the national U-17 side will defeat Burkina …

2021 Armed Forces Remembrance: Oyetola lauds fallen heroes, valiant fighters on supreme sacrifice for nation building

… reiterates administration’s commitment to patriots’ welfare, general well-being The Governor of the State of …

Army detains civilian for seven months over old Facebook video

A civilian, Emmanuel Odaudu, has been languishing in the Nigerian Military Special Investigation Bureau underground …

Leave a Comment