Man amputated as another refrigerator gas explosion rocks Abeokuta

Barely 24 hours after a gas explosion occurred in Abeokuta, Ogun State, another one happened on Thursday as Muslims celebrated the Eid-el-Fitri.

An infant and two other persons were burnt to death on Wednesday when an explosion rocked a building in the Oke-Igbore area of the city as a technician was attempting to refill the gas of a refrigerator.

The Ogun State Fire Service confirmed Thursday’s incident in a statement.

News had it that Thursday’s explosion was also caused by refrigerator gas.

It was learnt that the only victim had his limb amputated and was battling for his life in a hospital.

It was gathered that the victim was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, after the incident.

The statement by the fire service read, “The fire service headquarters, again today, Thursday, May 13, 2021, received a distress call to a house on fire on Sowemimo Street, off Mercy Road, Abeokuta, around 8.30am.

“Firemen quickly got to the scene, extinguished the inferno, which was caused by refrigerator gas explosion.

“One victim suffered a serious injury and was taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba for medical attention.

“No life was lost to the explosion, but it was gathered that the victim has been amputated.”

The Director of the service, Fatai Adefala, advised members of the public to be extra careful while handling flammable substances and materials.

Check Also

Hoodlums attack Oyo sports council chairman over N5m bet loss

The Oyo State Sports Council Chairman, Gbenga Adewusi, has been attacked by suspected hoodlums after …

PDP shifts senatorial primary over disagreement on delegates’ list

The committee conducting the primary election for Peoples Democratic Party in Osun East Senatorial District …

No treatment for Monkeypox, NCDC warns

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has said there are no specific treatments available for …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.