NSCDC Speaks As Fire Razes Warehouse In Osogbo

Residents of Osogbo, the Osun Capital woke up to a rude shock following the News of the Fire Outbreak that left a residential two storey building as well as an Office Complex of the Popular art Deco Furniture and Electronic, at Alekuwodo Area of Osogbo, Completely destroyed.
Report say the unfortunate fire incident, which was alleged to have been caused by an Electric spark following the Restoration of power by the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, IBEDC, started at about 1am on Thursday.
When Osbc News Crew got to the Scene, both the Osun State Fire Service, and the Federal Fire Service, were making frantic efforts to put out the fire.
The Victims of the Disaster were left distraught by the Incident as they make efforts to salvage what was Left of the property they worked so hard to acquire over the years.
The Victims declined to talk with Newsmen, however, one of the relations of the Victims, Busola Abidemi said she received a call from her Sister, about 2 am who informed about the inferno.
She lamented that they lost everything they have ever worked for, just as she appealed to the government to come to their aid.
Speaking with OSBC News, Chief Superintendent of Corp of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence, CSC Toyin Abioye who confirmed that no life was lost, however noted that property worth Millions of Naira were destroyed.
“I got a call from headquarters that there is fire outbreak around 2AM. Immediately, I called some of my men, we rushed down to this place. On getting here, we have men of Federal Fire Service and Osun State Fire Service on ground to put out the fire. We supported them to ensure that the fire does not go out of control.”
He noted that the fire was very serious but no casualty was recorded as hundreds of million goods were destroyed.
The CSC who appreciated the combined efforts of the Osun State Fire Service and the Federal Fire Service in putting out the fire said “the buildings housed highly inflammable materials such as Furniture, Electronic appliances, among others which made putting out the fire a herculean task.”
He appealed to members of the public to always ensure that they put off all electrical appliances at home and in the offices when no one is around and ensure that only security lights are left on outside the building.

Check Also

Osun Electorate Speak About INEC’s Logistics, Conduct

The Independent National Electoral Commission has been lauded for the logistics put in place for …

Assembly Elections: Osun Speaker, Owoeye, PDP Chieftain, Bisi React To Turnout In Ilesa East, West

Electorate in Ilesa East and West state constituencies are massively turned out to exercise their …

Elections: Osun Deputy Governor, Prince Adewusi Reacts After Casting His Votes

There was low out of voter in Ife east local government at the state house …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *