Ondo traders’ kidnappers reduce ransom demand to N5m

The abductors of the people that were kidnapped in Ondo State on Friday have again contacted the families of the victims, reducing the ransom to N5m from the initial N11m demanded.

No fewer than 16 persons were kidnapped along Akure-Owo Expressway, in Uso town in the Owo Local Government Area on Friday.

Among the victims was the Iyaloja of Isua Akoko, in the Akoko South East Local Government Area of Ondo State, Mrs Helen Edward.

The victims were coming from the monthly meeting of women leaders in Akure when they were abducted by the bandits.

The abductors contacted their families to demand N11m as ransom.

But it was gathered that as of Sunday, the ransom had been reduced to N5m.

The daughter of one of the victims, Alaba Edward, said she spoke to her mother in captivity and she (the mother) had been appealing to them to look for money to pay the ransom.

She said, “The N11m earlier demanded has been reduced to N5m, but our family cannot afford to pay that amount.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro, said 10 victims had been rescued, while efforts were ongoing to rescue others.

He said, “Ten out of the kidnapped victims were rescued

Check Also

Stop bloodshed in South-East, release ‘Mama Biafra’, Nnamdi Kanu begs

The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has urged that the killings …

Hoodlums attack Oyo sports council chairman over N5m bet loss

The Oyo State Sports Council Chairman, Gbenga Adewusi, has been attacked by suspected hoodlums after …

PDP shifts senatorial primary over disagreement on delegates’ list

The committee conducting the primary election for Peoples Democratic Party in Osun East Senatorial District …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.