The Osun Government says it has discharged four COVID-19 patients from its isolation centres in Osogbo and Ile-Ife.
The State Commissioner for Health, Dr Rafiu Isamotu, in a statement in Osogbo on Wednesday, also confirmed one new coronavirus case in the state.
Isamotu disclosed that the new patient contracted the virus from a previously confirmed case.
With the new COVID-19 case, according to the commissioner, the state now has six active cases.
Isamotu said, “We have recorded one new case, bringing the number of active cases in the state to six.
“The patient contracted the virus from a previous confirmed case.
“But the good news is that we have also treated and discharged four patients,” he said.
The commissioner also said that out of the 50 cases confirmed in the state since the outbreak of the virus, 40 had been successfully treated and discharged, while four deaths were recorded.
“As at today, we have recorded a total of 50 confirmed cases, out of which 40 patients had been successfully treated and subsequently discharged from our facilities.
“As of now, we have six active cases, while four deaths were unfortunately recorded,” Isamotu said.