Players, technical crew and backroom staff of Osun United have been enjoined to proceed on the break which was given earlier this month as the State Government announced a two-week lockdown to curtail the spread of Coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
This is contained in a statement by the Vice President, Mr Layi Adesiyan on behalf of the President, Chief Ademola Adesina
The statement, communicated through the Team Manager, Mr. Kabiru Adekunle said “it becomes imperative for all of us to follow the directive of the Federal and State Governments to the latter by staying at home for two weeks to curtail the spread of Coronavirus disease, which is currently ravaging the country.”
“We therefore advise the players, backroom staff and technical crew to continue with the break and report to camp on Sunday, 19th April, 2020 while training begins on Monday, 20th April, 2020.”
“We urge you all to maintain personal hygiene as there is no cure for this disease at the moment but can be prevented through regular hand washing, use of personal protective equipment and social distancing ,” said Mr. Adesiyan.
The management again felicitated with the Chairman, Osun FA, Chief Rasaq Mustapha Ajiroba Ooni on his birthday, describing him as a charismatic football administrator.