Ademola Oyelakin born 52 years ago, from Ede South, Osun State, had his Bachelor of Mathematics/Statistics University of Lagos Akoka Lagos in 1991. He became a member of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) in 2004 after his National Youth Service Corp experience at Women Government College, Independence Way Kaduna as a Corps member in…
In his career track record and as a high school teacher of Mathematics, he rose to becoming the Head of Science Department at the…School, August 1992 to March 1993.
He worked with the National Electric Power Authority in Abeokuta collating data, preparing salary schedule and reports.
Trainings he has attended include:
1. Manpower Development Course on Management Appreciation Organized by Development and Management Consultants 7th to 11th October, 2002;
2. A 3-day Course in General Management organized by Cedar Gem International 26th to 28th March;
3. A 2-day Workshop on Repositioning Osun state Civil Service For the Challenge 2nd to 4th May, 2012;
4. A 4-day Capacity Building and professional Enhancement Workshop 10th to 14th April 2013;
5. A 5-day Envisioning/Capacity Building Workshop Plan for State of Osun 15th to 19th January, 2018.
He’s been playing active roles in periodic organization of seminars for Corporation’s Freelance Presenter/Sales representative.
Currently, he’s the Director (Marketing), Osun State Broadcasting Corporation, a position he’s been occupying since 1st January, 2011.
- Promoting sales through adequate client services and ensuring that sales targets are achieved.
- Entering into and executing commercial contracts in line with approved rates.
- Ensuring that all Commercial operations comply with advertising codes of conduct and the station’s codes of practice and laws establishing the Corporation.
- Formulating and Implementing approved commercial Policies and codes.
- Ensuring the design and implementation of various research Product research and inter-media research.
- Preparing monthly and annual reports of the Department.
- Advising on rate reviews and preparing rate cards and other promotional materials.
- Ensuring that Sales representatives comply with the station’s advertising and codes and guidelines.
- Participating in the overall management activities of the station.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- A great team spirit with a proactive approach to work
- A strong communicator with potency to connect with people at all levels
- A reliable organized and detailed personality
- Self motivated
- Great level of Charisma, poise and finesse