Chairman of Ondo State Football Agency, Tajudeen Akinyemi, has declared that players of the club are not on strike ahead of the commencement of 2020/21 Nigeria Professional Football League season.
We had reported last week Thursday that players of the club boycotted the training camp in protest of their unpaid five months salaries.
Speaking with our correspondent on Wednesday, Akinyemi said he was in touch with the players, insisting that they are ready to resume training soon.
“We are preparing for the new season but we are not fully prepared for the league now,” Akinyemi told us.
“The players have not been paid, but the governor has approved about four month salary and immediately this approval becomes cash, they will get their money. What we are working towards is to get all of them back since some of them are already in Akure.
“You can’t call their situation a strike. I speak with them regularly. They have not started training, but they’ll start training hopefully this week.”