The Federal Government has said the report by an international media organisation, Reuters on the military is false.
Reuters reported last Wednesday that the Nigerian Army had run a secret, systematic and illegal abortion programme in the country since at least 2013.
Speaking at an event meant to showcase the scorecard of the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation under Buhari in Abuja on Monday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said the report lacked evidence to make it credible.
The report added that at least 10,000 pregnancies among women and girls, many of whom had been kidnapped and raped by terrorists had been forcefully terminated.
Following the Reuters investigation, the United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, called on Nigerian authorities to investigate allegations against the service.
Contradicting the report, the minister of information said, “A foreign news agency recently released a report on the military. They made these allegations without a piece of singular evidence, citing only anonymous sources and a review of phantom documents.
“The writers deserve an award in fiction writing.”