OSBC | Osun State Broadcasting Corporation
  • Home
  • About
    • Our History
    • Management Board
    • Management Team
    • Other Management Staff
    • OSBC Organogram
  • Contact
  • LIVE TV/RADIO
    • 104.5FM RADIO LIVE
    • OSBC TV LIVE
    • REALITY 96.3FM RADIO LIVE
    • ORISUN 89.5FM LIVE
    • 104.5FM Radio Live Video
    • Orisun FM Live Video
    • REALITY Radio Live Video
  • PODCAST
    • Saturday Morning Treat – SMT
    • Dateline
    • Newsmaker
    • In the Newsroom
    • Kajoso
    • Ojumo’re
    • Newspaper Today
  • Portal
    • Staff Email
  • Osun state Website
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About
    • Our History
    • Management Board
    • Management Team
    • Other Management Staff
    • OSBC Organogram
  • Contact
  • LIVE TV/RADIO
    • 104.5FM RADIO LIVE
    • OSBC TV LIVE
    • REALITY 96.3FM RADIO LIVE
    • ORISUN 89.5FM LIVE
    • 104.5FM Radio Live Video
    • Orisun FM Live Video
    • REALITY Radio Live Video
  • PODCAST
    • Saturday Morning Treat – SMT
    • Dateline
    • Newsmaker
    • In the Newsroom
    • Kajoso
    • Ojumo’re
    • Newspaper Today
  • Portal
    • Staff Email
  • Osun state Website
No Result
View All Result
OSBC | Osun State Broadcasting Corporation

CCT convicts Onnoghen, sacks him as CJN

OSBC_Admin by OSBC_Admin
September 21, 2023
in crime
0
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Code of Conduct Tribunal
Code of Conduct Tribunal

The Code of Conduct Tribunal has convicted the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen of breach of the code of conduct for public officers.

Reading the lead judgment, the tribunal chairman, Danladi Umar, ordered the immediate removal of Onnoghen from office as the CJN.

The tribunal stripped him of all offices earlier occupied, such as the chairman of the National Judicial Council and also the chairmanship of the federal judicial service commission.

The tribunal also ordered the forfeiture of the five accounts which defendant failed to declare as part of his assets.

It also ordered the forfeiture of the money in the five accounts which Onnoghen failed to declare to the federal government.

Three punishments were imposed on him as the sentence for his offenses as charged. Although Onnoghen had been on suspension since the 25th  January and had reportedly resigned on April 4, the tribunal ordered his removal from office as the Chief Justice of Nigeria and also as the chairman of both the National Judicial Council and the Federal Judicial Service Commission

Previous Post

Easter record: top statistics of travelers at Lagos airport.

Next Post

Judgment is unconstitutional, premeditated, says Onnoghen’s lawyer

Next Post

Judgment is unconstitutional, premeditated, says Onnoghen’s lawyer

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

OSBC | Osun State Broadcasting Corporation

© 2023 OSBC - Osun State Broadcasting Corporation | Designed by: ICT UNIT.

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • LIVE TV/RADIO
  • PODCAST
  • Portal
  • Osun state Website

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About
    • Our History
    • Management Board
    • Management Team
    • Other Management Staff
    • OSBC Organogram
  • Contact
  • LIVE TV/RADIO
    • 104.5FM RADIO LIVE
    • OSBC TV LIVE
    • REALITY 96.3FM RADIO LIVE
    • ORISUN 89.5FM LIVE
    • 104.5FM Radio Live Video
    • Orisun FM Live Video
    • REALITY Radio Live Video
  • PODCAST
    • Saturday Morning Treat – SMT
    • Dateline
    • Newsmaker
    • In the Newsroom
    • Kajoso
    • Ojumo’re
    • Newspaper Today
  • Portal
    • Staff Email
  • Osun state Website

© 2023 OSBC - Osun State Broadcasting Corporation | Designed by: ICT UNIT.

Enable Notifications OK No thanks