The management of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation (OSBC) Ile Awiye, Oke Baale , Osogbo congratulates Rave FM, Osogbo for the award of the best radio station of the year 2019 by the Osun State Council of the NUJ. We wish the station greater exploits in the years ahead. we also salute the Osun NUJ for the success of the 2019 edition of the annual press week.
However, following the media attention which the above social media hype of Mr Lateef Agboola, who is a staff member of this corporation has generated, management hereby make the following clarifications:
1. OSBC never applied for nomination for any award and the NUJ chapel, of which the writer is the vice-chairman, did not nominate any member for any of the award categories. Therefore, the management considers the award as primarily the initiative of the members of the NUJ who nominated other members and organisations for various award categories. it is hoped that in susequent years, OSBC NUJ chapel members will nominate OSBC or any of the members for the available award categories.
2. The OSBC has the core mandate to propagate the policies and programmes of government, and coordinate civil participation through programmes/news content.
These, we have been doing consistently and efficiently as expected. OSBC appreciates the effort of the state governor, Mr Gboyega Oyetola who has set up a revitalization committee to empower OSBC as a key player in the broadcast industry in Osun and beyond.
3. As implied by Mr Lateef Agboola, who wrote the social media piece, the management of OSBC is staffed with well qualified professionals. The management is ably led by the current Director-General, Mrs Adejumoke Akinjiola and poised to run an effective system which is efficient and effective to deliver on the core mandate of the organization. Therefore, ownership and leadership of the corporation remain a positive influence and not negative as implied in the media hype.
4. The administration of OSBC employs the bottom –up approach whereby every member of staff has the privilege to participate in content ideas generation via the enlarged programmes planning committee meetings. Such meetings in recent times have allowed critical views on all areas of operation, originated new programme contents as well as rebranded content on both channels of radio & television.
5. In conclusion, OSBC appreciates all concerned for their interest in the corporation as evidenced by the diverse reactions and contributions across various social media platforms, even as details of the process and procedure for the award were unknown to them. We promise not to let down our proprietor and teeming audience even as we seek your continued patronage in the years ahead.